Rage 3

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Steve

Reaction score
Went to B&Q today to get some lights for my new kitchen and i saw that they had the Rage 3 Evolution Multipurpose Sliding Mitre S.A.W on offer for just £119 , the list price is £180 so its a bargain and of course i had to buy one It cuts all Steels , Aluminium and Wood...... Here is the link to there web site ..... www.evolutionbuild.com

rage3.jpg

Steve, I'll be really curious to hear how well it works. I have a carbide chop saw that works on metal, but the compound mitre is more versatile.

Best,

BW

Hi Bob

Tried it today .......Wow ...... It cut a piece of angled 2 inch x 2 inch x 1/4 of brass ..... took 5 seconds , very smooth , then i tried to cut some copper flat bar , 2 inch x 1/4 ..... i cuts if nothing is there , also the mitre slide is ball raced , i did like how you can;t cut to much due to the design of the blade ,and unit is really well made , the 2000 watt motor is soft start and there is also a laser line .You wont be disappointed .

Steve

I have been kind eyeing those saws lately. Blades are about $100 here retail. I have never seen that version of the saw with the sliding head.

If I remember right I think the blade turns at 1200RPM and say will cut 2000 cuts in 1/4" steel before a new blade is needed.

Brass_Machine said:
Steve... Off topic, but what is that in you avatar?

Eric

Its a marine oscillating steam engine i made but the the contact face was made to small and didn't run all that smoothly , saying that it was the second engine i made .

macona said:
I have been kind eyeing those saws lately. Blades are about $100 here retail. I have never seen that version of the saw with the sliding head.

If I remember right I think the blade turns at 1200RPM and say will cut 2000 cuts in 1/4" steel before a new blade is needed.

In the UK a replacement blade is £35 = $70 and it spins at 2500 rpm , not sure how many cuts it will do but the blade it TCT and 10 inch diameter , i would of thought cutting brass and copper only ,it should last a very long time , they did tell me that if i was just using it just as a hobby saw and not a great deal of cuts , it should never need to be replaced .....

Oh, the chop saw version here uses a 14" blade.

Catch that copper! Too expensive to throw away!

Back