Radius turning fixture

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm really sorry I can't help you with this, it would not take very long on a mill. I moved house a few months ago and sadly I haven't been able to set up a workshop yet and my milling machine is in three pieces in the garage. I don't expect to have a usable workshop until at least next summer ...
I understand but if I owned a mill it would be the first thing that I unpack and set up. And you have a garage, holy cow how nice would that be. My shop is 3'x8'
Good luck getting moved in.

This one?

71YwIQGc7ZL._SL1500_.jpg

I could also make the cutter with a piece of round bar that has a hole cross drilled and a piece of sharpened drill rod for the cutter. D'OH!

Just use a piece of round (or even square section) HSS clamped in the cross hole.

Pretty sure this is HSS in this one, just clamped somehow in the hole.

480.2568.jpg

In your case you just drill a cross hole in the post as you mentioned and use a clamp screw in the top.

Update: found another picture that might give you some ideas.

ballturner.jpg

Last edited:
I replied to this thread, directed at one poster in particular and then when I looked at what I wrote it became more of a political thing than a machining thing so I deleted my original posting and wrote this.
I find it a shame when there are so many people wanting to help and it turns into a rant.
gbritnell

Last edited:
Back