Push button magnetic base repair

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SammieQ

Reaction score
Help lads? I've acquired an old Eclipse push button mag base, with a badly jammed button. So, it won't switch on. Has anyone taken one of these apart? Or, got a parts diagram?

Sam, also known as "Q".

PS Eclipse 403

not sure exactly what you have but if it wont turn on then its probably been dropped and the magnet broken if it can be fixed i have no idea how to do it

Hi Sammie
I have two or three of this type of magnetic base, one of which the
button was jammed, all i did was to squirt some penetrating oil down the sides
of the button, leave for a while then gently tap it backwards and forwards until
it freed up. You could give this a try,as there is no way of dismantling one of these.
Hope this helps ?
Ken

Thanks New_Guy and Ken. I have marinaded it in WD40 and 3in1, so far, no joy. I am considering Dremelling off the rivets and prizing it apart. Let you know how that does. I have two other 'rotary switch' versions and I got the WIKI page on them; works by rotating a version of a keeper plate internally, but I suspect there is a subtly different mechanism inside these button ones and I want to wreck as little as possible.

"Q"

Latest posts

Back