Probably smallest live steam four-cylinder

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jirik92

Reaction score
Hi guys,
I finished very small live steam four-cylinder oscilating engine (weight 28 gram) - see attached pictures and video. It's made for my 25cm (10 inch) steam pinnace. Complete building process you can see at http://www.steamer.cz/mod3_pin.html

http://www.youtube.com/v/jiiSLr8Om64

pin24.jpg

pin25.jpg

pin26.jpg

Jirik92, that IS small :bow:
Good job Thm:

Regards, Arnold

Fantastic work. th_wav Thanks for the pictures and video.

What is the bore size? and what size are the smallest screws you used to hold it together?

Cheers,
Phil

Jirik92,

What are the dimensions of your engine? scratch.gif

It must have been very difficult to work on such a small scale.

Good job.

SAM

It have 32 x 35 mm (without pipes) and 20 mm height. It was REALY difficult work, because I have to use +3 dioptres glasses all time to see something ::).
Regards to all, Jiri

Great build Jiri! :bow:

I looked over your page.
Nice work on the boat as well! Thm:

Rick

Beautiful job and a boat too!! I hope you'll keep us posted as you mount the engine in the boat.
Dennis

Great stuff

:bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow:

Stew

Jiri,

That's awsome. I know what it is to work at a small scale and that is impressive as hell. Very nicely done. :bow: :bow:

Bob

Jiri,

I am awe struck at the size and the build. :bow: :bow:

Best Regards
Bob

Wow! Very impressive model engine.

Chuck

Double WOW, That is fantastic, please keep posting. Are you doing a boiler too?
Regards,
Gerald.

Very nice, love the small stuff!

To steamboatmodel : Yes, I'm doing boiler. It will be complete remote controled steam miniboat.

Beautiful "little" engine Jiri. Too small for my aging eye but fun to see. Keep up posted on the boiler progress as well as her maiden voyage!!

Bill

So guys, another portion of pictures. Today I have bult boiler for small engine.

pin31.jpg

pin37.jpg

pin38.jpg

pin39.jpg

And last picture for today - it's arranged only. Next week I have make better tightness and slight run and final assembly. We'll see ;D.

pin40.jpg

Back