Powder Keg will be MIA for a few days

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cedge

Reaction score
I spoke with Wes (Powder Keg) this evening. As if his busy schedule with work and school weren't enough to deal with, he asked me to let you guys know that his wife was admitted to the hospital this week. Last night she suffered a heart attack. She's doing fine now and has already had an angioplasty. Wes is, as you would expect, quite concerned, but is taking it all moment by moment until the medicos can tell him where things stand. It all came as quite a shock considering his wife is still in her 30's.

Wes said to bear with him and he'll be back on the board when everything settles down a bit.
I, for one, will be holding them both in my prayers.

Steve

Wes,

Take your time, sort out your problems, and return when only you feel it is right.
We will still be here.

My heart is with you all the way.

Always think positive.

John

Yep, prayers and best wishes from this part of the world as well.

Thanks for letting us know Steve.

Wes, Hope your wife has a swift and full recovery.

Ralph.

Thanks guys:eek:) It's been a stressfull last couple of days around here. She was feeling much much better last night when I left. I'm on my way back up to see her now. I'll tell her Everyone said Hi.

Wes

Wes,
Wishing you and your wife all the best and a quick recovery.

I've had this same procedure 4 times, the last being just 2 weeks ago. I can tell you from experience that she will be up and about in just a couple days. Being stuck in bed is miserable, it's amazing how wobbly you get in just a couple days. However, DO NOT let her lift anything until the surgery wound is healed.

The best advice was given me after my last heart attack exactly 2 years ago yesterday: don't do any work outside when the temperature is above 80F. When the temps go up and you start working, the blood gets thicker. That's real tough around here because the temp rarely gets below 80 this time of year, so I try to do my yard work in the morning when it's cooler. I don't even go outside when it's 90+.

Drink lots of water. Not tea or soda or coffee, plain WATER.

If a cardiac rehab program is offered, take it. Get a treadmill and continue to use it. I got one at an estate auction for $25US. Exercise is good, just don't push it too hard. Keep at it.

wes............hang in there my friend all will turn out fine and don't worry about us we will be here when you are ready to return.

god bless you and your wife and may he take care of you both.

chuck

Wes

My thoughts are with you both, I wish your wife a very speedy and full recovery.

Kind regards

malcolm

sorry to hear that Wes, i hope for a fast and full recovery

best wishes, Wes!

The docs have this down well. Your wife will be back to her old self soon!

Best Regards,

Bob Warfield

I wish your wife a speedy recovery......it must be a worrying time.

Wes,

Our thoughts are with you and your wife, wishing her a speedy recovery

Thanks so much for all your well wishes. It helps. She is out of ICU now and is doing great! I expect her to be able to come home on Monday.

Thanks again, Wesley

Wes, we are wishing for the best for your wife. Drs have this thing down pretty pat now days. But YOU need to watch out for your self now also. We have a tendency to not take care of ourselves when a loved one is sick. Be sure you watch out for you too!
Hoping for the best for you both
Mel

Great News Guys. We are both home and fine. Thanks again for all your Well wishes.

Wes

Powder keg said:
Great News Guys. We are both home and fine.

;D

;) 8) :bow:

Really good to hear Wes .... 8) ................... and of course............ Mrs Wes :bow:

All the best guys ;)

Dave

Latest posts

Back