PMR Horizontal Boiler - A Riveting Build

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi Stan
I quite agree

A compressor just isn't as much fun as a proper hissing, gurgling boiler with all it's foibles. Stuck check valves, odd steam weeps, and injectors that need cooling down with a cold rag before they will "pick up".

Coal fired ones are even more fun, and very tiring !

Either way lots of opportunities to use the oilcan , I like your dis lube BTW very neat

Steam Turbines won't even run on air without changing the nozzle geometry, well they will, but they just poddle round at few thousand revs, it's only when you get 'em on steam that they really take off.

@philjoe

Nice analogy mate spot on

Regards Mark

Last edited:
Stan,

I know this is an old thread but it's new to me and I wanted to thank you for the great detailed information. I have both this kit and the vertical kit and have been a bit intimidated by them. Only a couple of days ago I started on the vertical BLR-1 and your photos and descriptions are a huge help. This is my first real project using my lathe and mill so it's a bit of a challenge for me. I already had to order a new top casting because I messed up the first one.:eek:

Thanks again, Al

Latest posts

Back