Please vote! Engine of the month - October!

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Engine of the month - October

• gbritnell's IC

• Bogs single rotor

• Bogs triple rotor

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Brass_Machine

Reaction score
Had 3 nominations:

gbritnell's home grown 4-popper IC HERE

[youtube=425,350]yYKUlcy-g1w[/youtube]

OR

Bogs single rotor Here

Finishedturbine1.jpg

Or Triple rotor HERE

finish21.jpg

the 4 cyl IC is a dream for me , so i love it , thats my vote

I tell you what these are all lovely peaces of work and you should all win in my eyes, there has been allot of work been put into these in different ways, but there can only be one winner.

I voted for the 4 pot, but I just couldn't choose for a long time, there was some factors I went into

the wind ones can make electric and save the planet :D

the 4 pot burns fuel and kills the planet :(

but the 4 pot needs all the timing and correct fuel etc working out and I think its an art alone to be able to do this, don't get me wrong I also think its an art to build any of these, as I havent even tempted one my self (yet) in my eyes you are both winners for style and workmanship

gbritnell's engine is most definitely wonderful. There's no escaping that. But the vast majority of engines here are IC, steam or related (sadly, including my own when I can get started) so are covering known ground.

Bogs' engines both enter territory not that often covered and are examples of a degree and kind of precision not commonly found here. His style makes it look and sound simple because, in the end, it is simple. He is paving a new road for us and showing it's not only possible in the common hobbiest shop but can be fun as well. Later spindles will require finer balance to achieve higher speeds without shaking themselves to death and playing with the blade profiles to gain even more power but the basics are there.

Because of the route he took, I voted for Bogs' triple spindle engine and would love to add at least 19 more votes for it ("America's Got Talent" reference) and look forward to anyone picking up this concept and advancing it.

Best regards,

Kludge

congrats gbritnell.
your engine is wonderful:D
;D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back