picture posting troubles

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
K

Kermit

I've noticed I've lost all my pictures.

Turns out I had "directly linked" the pictures. I tried all the littel forum codes that I was given to use. They mostly all worked when I used the Preview to look at them before posting, but they would either be missing entirely or have the little red x box when they were posted.

I found that leaving only the Http:/etc/etc/zzzzz.jpg between the {img} tag in the post made it show up ---- so I did it that way. Appearantly that was wrong. It really hacked off the owners of the hosting site. They sent me an email, I just found this morning.

So how do I make a picture show up WITHOUT making the host service upset?

Like I said the codes they gave would work when I previewed the post but the pictures would not show when I actually hit the post button.

Frustrated and confused,
Kermit

Some sites (esp. the free ones) don't want the pics posted there to be linked from another site. The reason is that their ads then don't show up when someone views the picture. So to use these sites for pictures here you'd need to use the URL/hyperlink tag, and the viewer would need to click on the link to see the pics.

The alternative is to use a paid photo hosting site such as pbase.com. Then using the IMG tag is fine.

Kvom I used the url codes and they showed up in my post as images, just like I wanted them too. However when I would "post" them as opposed to just previewing my post they would not show up as images but as nothing or as a box with a red x.

I understand what you are saying about the hosting site and ad revenue however.

This most likely explains it all, if its about money, its bound to be the answer and the problem too!

Thanks, I'll just have to keep trying different sites until I find one. Imageshack.us is one I have used but only the thumbnail option will appear in the post. It'll have to do I suppose. FREE is FREE and you takes what you get when you want FREE

Kermit,
What hosting service are you using?

Might want to give photobucket a try.

Kevin

I echo Kevin's advice. Many of us use Photobucket with no problems.

Picture below posted with IMG code.

drillprs.jpg

Thanks for your helpful answers everyone.

Photobucket is working for me. So now I'll guess I'll try to reload some of the pics I lost.

Kermit

Back