Paddleduck ???

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

purpleknif

Reaction score
Does anyone have a bill of materials for the paddleduck? I'd like to get the material before I start the build.

It was never designed to have a bill of materials as it was made from almost anything from the scrap box. The cylinder block can be made from cast iron, brass, bronze if you can afford it or even ali if you use the correct materials for the pistons.

If you are going to run it on steam, then do NOT use silver steel for any of the rod or shaft requirements, it corrodes very badly, use stainless rod instead if possible.

John

Hi,

I've been working on one since last winter. It should have been done by now, but other things have gotten in the way. And as soon as the grouse, duck, and pheasant hunting seasons are over, I will get back to it!:)

In any case, use what ever materials you have or find. It's one of the things that made it attractive to me, (other than the good looking design).

For example, I've subbed steel for the brass crossheads because I didn't wish to end up with excessive "waste" on a piece of brass I have. And oddly I will use brass for the piston rods because I have some that will require little machining. So materials choices can be quite open ended.

Dale

Latest posts

Back