OOOO a new toy

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

krv3000

Reaction score
HI i got this from a boot sale I don't no wot you call them in the USA. but any way as i have seen lodes of posts of taping aides. as a lot of my taping is from 1MM two
4MM it don't need to be too big so i jump for joy when i fawned this it will be projet No 979 right i need to look for a old iron

DSCF0297.JPG

DSCF0298.JPG

Interesting find. A little hand powered drill press. Have never seen one of that or similar design.
I do have one of the regular egg beater style hand drills though. As well as my dads hand crank drill press. The old drill press probably need re bushed a lot of play in it these days.
Tin

every time i go for my rechargeable drill its flat but my old hand drill the type you re fr to as a egg beater has never let me dawn all the holes for the pop rivets on my kit car wos dun with it

Hi KVR3000,
I bought one of those drill stands a few years ago. I have no intention of using it, I just thought it was so cute that I could not resist buying it. Now if only I could remember where i put it?
Seem to recall it was a pound or two from a second hand tool shop, how much did you pay?
Ned

Holy S**t!
Who is the deluded one, the one asking the price or the sucker who would be willing to pay it.

It looks like it has been left out in the rain to make it look older than it really is. I would guess that they were made in the Fifties or possibly pre-war, so "antique" is a bit of a false description.

If the one on Fee-Pay goes for that sort of sum and any of you are miffed at loosing out, do let me know as I might be willing to part with mine if the price is right.
Ned

I don't think it will go for that but i will not mod this one till i see haw much it gos for

I see that with less than a day to go there are no bids on the Fee-Pay stand. I think that goes to show that you can't fool all of the people some of the time. :big:
Ned

HI right as you no i got this to mack a taping tool well a part from two pieces it allended up in the scrap bin but i still needed a tapping tool so i had a rummage and came up with two t shaped pipe fittings so i had a go with thees sos no pics of the sub ass but basically i conceded the two with a pees of silver steel threw the smallest pipe fitting one of the larger pipe fitting was reamed out to fit 13mm stainless steel rod the poiset end the pipe fitting nuts on the threaded end was cut with 4 slots so when they was fitted the internal hole size wood be cum smaller then reamed out to fit the quill sum pics after bin braised up

DSCF0353.JPG

DSCF0354.JPG

DSCF0355.JPG

i was go-wing to fit it all to a 6" round base but that wood only rust so i had a piece of marble flaw tile so i cut it in have with me dangle grinder drilled a 15 mm hole int it i had a piece of 1 1/2" anodised aluminum bar that i drilled out and reamed to fit the stainless steel rod then glued the lot to the marble brace finished off the taping Head
sum pics

DSCF0356.JPG

DSCF0358.JPG

DSCF0360.JPG

well it must be a pile of crap as no one has comened on it

Naah, just mean's nobody's commented on it. Happens all the time. At least to me :D

ooo good im not the only one the i wood of thort i wood have a coment on the top brace turning

Latest posts

Back