Only one day until Haggis hunting season starts

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tmuir

Reaction score
I've been bagging them for the last 3 years.
I hope to get a bigger haul this year.

Remember the best ones are found at the top of the highest mountains in Scotland. :big:

http://haggishunt.scotsman.com/

Great way to kill a few minutes whilst waiting for new posts.

hummm... probably my lacking in comprehension of english language makes me unable to understand something...
how somebody can see a haggis in those cameras views?
what I'm missing? are they joking with me? :-\ ??? :D

thank you MB, now it's clear

I didn't drink enough whisky to mask my scent, so I didn't see the damn haggis :big: :big: :big:

Looks kind of like the tradition among American Boy Scouts and Royal Rangers of hunting for snipe in the darkness of a camping trip. Although if you look in wildlife books the snipe does actually exist as does the proverbial Yellow belly sapsucker !!
Tin

Sorry I forgot that this my not translate for thos on the other side of the pond.
The legend goes that 'Haggis' is actually a 3 legged animal with one leg shorter than the other to make it easier to run around the tops of the mountains. :big:

On the web cams they randomly put pictures of the mythical haggises on them and if you see it and click 'I see a Haggis' button you go in the draw to win prizes.
This is an annual comp run by 'The Scotsman' newspaper and a large hotel in Edinburgh.

It's just a bit of fun.

Glad the hunting season is starting, my garden is over-run with the little mongrels.
haggis.jpg

They probably feel at home here 'cos I am married to a Scot.
Mark

Well, with haggis season under way it must be getting close to the annual Running Of The Fluffy Bunnys - when dozens of the enraged creatures are let loose in the streets of Coventry.

Haggis, bagpipes, caber-tossing and golf.

Yep, those Scots really know how to have fun. Had they not invented Scotch, we'd have institutionalized the lot of them years ago.

Latest posts

Back