Not an engine...but amazing!

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Amazing indeed. I once knew a ham operator (now deceased) who made his own quartz crystals. Chipped the raw material straight from bedrock, and ground and polished the chips to the needed measures. And made the holders for them also. I considered even that a bit of over-dedication to the cause. But this fellow takes the cake...
:noidea:

Btw. The crystal maker also had a quite sizable (cigarette pack size) quartz crystal . He had succeeded in getting it off the rock without even a slight crack. It was mounted in a holder, with two copper sheets each side. When the thing was tapped lightly, it generated a spark of several cm´s.

I saw this video a couple of years ago and was totally amazed at the mad skills this guy has !! :bow:

Can't imagine how much time this guy has spent learning all the trades necessary to make those tubes and all his other related equipment.

Mike

Absolutely fascinating. He gets to use some quite technical equipment at the end, but I like the way its starts out with a Swiss army knife!

Does somebody want to tell him you can still get the ubiquitous ECC83? (and you get 2 triodes)

OK I understand that's not the point.

Pete

Latest posts

Back