Noga Tools

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

salvageguy

Reaction score
What is your opinion of Noga Tools, they are made in Israel? dial gage holders, deburring tools, mag base holders?

Hi
I bought a Noga deburring kit when I was an apprentice it cost about a weeks wages at the time and it is still going strong after 25yrs of service.
I would recommend it to anyone.

Paul

I have a couple of Noga magnetic indicator holders. Very nicely made, the fine adjust works very well and it locks in position very well - it feels like you could about do chin ups on it. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend their indicator holders.

Hello Salvageguy,

Second the Noga magnetic bases. I think they were the originators of that type of locking design and in my opinion, are the best ones available for ease of use, rigidity and smoothness during adjustment.

Regards,
Mike

I was lucky to have gotten a dail indicator holder in a auction lot. It is awsome. I didn't even want it I was bidding on a cylinder bore gague that was in the box. ;D

+1 on the Noga magnetic bases. They are rock-solid compared to almost any other brand.

The only problem is, having watched "Animal House" too many times, every time I pull out one of my Noga tools, I hear John Belushi chanting "Noga, noga, noga". ;D

DO NOT GET A NOGA MAGNETIC BASE WITH THE SINGLE KNOB LOCKING ARM!!!!

Because then all your old indicator arms will SUCK!!!!

Seriously. I thought, can't be that much better!!! IT IS.

No screwing around with it...just loosen knob. Put into position, twist knob....done. locked, doesn't move....

Nice...

Wow,... OK then ....you convinced me!!!!
.... I do wood working mainly , always wanted to get into working with metal, it is fascinating to watch and some of the things I have seen made are positively works of art! So not knowing good metal working tools from bad I appreciated the feedback. You helped me make an easy decision, I just bought 2 pallets of assorted NOGA tools, I’ll keep one of each for me woohoo1 . I never expected that high a praise for tools, it wasn't a simple “well we like them” or “we think they are ok”, it was an impassioned "WE LOVE THEM" ....

Sleazey said:
+1 on the Noga magnetic bases. They are rock-solid compared to almost any other brand.

The only problem is, having watched "Animal House" too many times, every time I pull out one of my Noga tools, I hear John Belushi chanting "Noga, noga, noga". ;D

Thanks now I nave that running thru my head!

Latest posts

Back