nobeards twin cylinder

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nobeard

Reaction score
Hello i made myself a member here then started to build what i thought would be an easy first engine,but work soon stopped as my workshop was broken into and everything stolen all but my lathe so saying hello was to date my only post. I made my mind up that i had finished and wasnt going to replace anything,but 3 month later put it behind me and started to gain interest again so these pics are as far as i got with it but remember this is my first engine so dont expect some fantastic machining lol.
bottomend.jpg
crank and mains
When i started this what a wake up call before i got the crank to run true i ended up making it 3 times and tried different methods member from here explaned in other threads.
bottomendfront.jpg
the rear main on this looks twisted but it isnt just looks it on photo.
topsupports.jpg

lower cylinder plate and head supports
enginewithclyenders.jpg

now the two cylinders i wanted to try an open type cylinder look with colums rather than a block type cylinder i was trying to keep everything below the lower plate black and steel and everything above it in brass.
flywheel.jpg

the flywheel im not so sure about and may change this ,this was made from stainless
startingconrod.jpg

starting to make the con rods and this is as far as i got
It will be a while now before i can get this finished and a lot harder now without a mill anyway i just wanted to get a post up as interest is now coming back because i have been a member here a while now but not posted anything .

Hi Nobeard
Its coming along very well so far, much nicer then my first engine.
That Con rod takes me back very similar to the Rattler :big:
Keep it coming buddy, well done
Pete

Three crankshafts sounds familiar, I am glad it is not only me.

Your engine looks good so far and the idea of stratified colours intrigues me. I look forward to seeing the finished product.

Jim

Latest posts

Back