Next project ?

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

purpleknif

Reaction score
I just finished up a Liney 5. A fun little project and it runs surprisingly well. Picked up a PM #1 casting kit and it really looks kind of simple. (I've been a machinist for 30 years)
Any suggestions for a next project? I'm still working 60 hrs a week so nothing as complex as a Liney halo but something different.

Thanks

If you are after getting into a different frame of mind about machining a small engine, then my 'Paddleducks' could be a front runner.
No need to build the engine, as there are enough tips and techniques in the 'book' to help solve problems because of lack of the correct tooling for the job for other projects.

It costs you nothing to download and have a look.

http://www.machinistblog.com/bogstandards-paddleduck-engine-plans/

John

If you are after getting into a different frame of mind about machining a small engine, then my 'Paddleducks' could be a front runner.
No need to build the engine, as there are enough tips and techniques in the 'book' to help solve problems because of lack of the correct tooling for the job for other projects.

It costs you nothing to download and have a look.

http://www.machinistblog.com/bogstandards-paddleduck-engine-plans/

John

Funny, Ive been looking at that one for a while. Think I'll try it. Probably won't be till next spring as there are a couple other things to take care of like a belt drive for the mill and an idea I have for a fixture to mount my chu
ck true on the t'tble. By then the weather will probably shut me down and I can get to polishing the Liney. Most likely will start accumulating material in April.

Thanks,
Ross

Hi Blogwitch
Just downloaded yur plans, very interesting to me, this can be a future project for me! Thanks for making it metric:D
Regards
Gerhard

Latest posts

Back