NEWS Yuasa 5C Indexer Instructions?

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

biometrics

Reaction score
I just received a used NEWS-Yuasa 5C Indexer that I bought on eBay. Can anyone point me to an online set of instructions? or perhaps email me a copy of whatever documentation comes with this device or one like it.

dfeb_1.JPG

I have never used one. I have an idea of how it works, but would sure like to see some photos of it being used properly.

Thanks, -John

Start of at zero which on mine is zero as there is not 36 so 0 on index and V0 on vernier.

5Cset1.jpg

To move 2 degree we put the pin in V2 and turn the plate slightly so it goes in the next hole, in this case marked 2 but this doesn't mean anything.
You need to read the nearest division to V0 then the one the pin is in so 0 + 2 = 2 degree.

5Cset2.jpg

Now to read 40 degrees we move back to V0 and put the pin in 4

5Cset3.jpg

Lastly to get 45 degrees we move the pin from V0 to V5 and move the plate round enough to engage it.

5Cset4.jpg

In this case it finished up in hole 10 but again ignore this the plate numbers have nothing to be with the vernier setting.

to read this we take the closes lowest number to V0 which is 4 and add the V number to it so we have 4 + 5 = 45.

Not on mine the plate has been reversed by accident but it makes no difference to the operation.

Latest posts

Back