Newish member.

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lathejack

Reaction score
Hello everyone.

I have already made a few posts in recent weeks regarding Hacklordsniper's new lathe, and thought it was about time I introduced myself.

I live in Nottinghamshire in the UK, I will be 50 in January and have been fascinated with internal combustion engines since I was about 10 years old.

In those early years I was determined to one day make my own small engines, back then I thought I was the only person in the world with such a crazy idea, how wrong I was.

I bought my first small East German lathe just over 25 years ago and straight away started to design and make a 12cc two stroke engine in an empty coal shed about 4 feet square. I still have that little engine.

I have had a home workshop more or less ever since, and am currently working on a water cooled Red Wing open crank engine, which isn't far away from completion.

I have made a few other parts of uncompleted engines over the years, my workshop machinery also gets used to repair and make parts for full size engines as well as other equipment, but it's model engines that started it all.

Hope I haven't rattled on too much.

All the best, from very hot and sunny Nottinghamshire UK.

Welcome to the forum, lots to see and do here. I know I wouldn't be the only one who would like to see some pictures, especially of that first engine.

Also, you made me google the weather in Nottinghamshire... I'm assuming your tongue was firmly in cheek, or am I so far off on the definition of 'hot and sunny' in the UK :p?

Not quite tongue in cheek, it's been hot and sunny here for weeks.

I will try and post some pictures of my small efforts over the years, if anyone's interested.

One engine I plan to design and make in the future is an air cooled four stroke twin based loosely on the Triumph twin motorcycle engine.

Regards.

Welcome Lathejack, I would also like to see a picture of that small engine. I'm with Cogsy on people's perspective of it being hot. I recall reading that it actually got to 30deg in the UK, that would be a warm day here, quite pleasant. Try some 45 deg days, it even gets hotter where Cogsy lives.

Paul.

Latest posts

Back