Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

metalshaper

Reaction score
Hi to the gang!

New guy here looking over the forum and salivating :big:

I'm Jonathan Bumstead.. Dagwood to some, Metalshaper to others.

My main thing is a bit off from this group. I build black powder rifles and such in my shop. Mule ear and Underhammers mostly. Started out with nothing more than an idea, a baby drill press/bits, hacksaws,files and some chisels.. Now I have a X2 mill, 109 Craftman 6X12, a couple of sanders, saws.. Oh and more files and chisels!! ;) I've blacksmithed and made a few knives, and have started to expand my maching interest. Learning to get the best effort I can from my mill and lathe are a goal of mine!!

and with that idea,, The old Hit and Miss engines are a strange fascination for me. My wife hates whenever I spot one, cause I can stare at it and watch it run for a LONG time! I've always wanted to make one and learn how/what makes them run!!

I've made a few do-dads here and there.. My Bud and I came up with this lil saw stand, to help out in my shop.

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y181/metalshaper/Lilred3.jpg

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y181/metalshaper/Lilred2.jpg

anyway, not to ramble on!! I hope to learn from and contriute to the community here.

Respect Always
Jonathan

welcome to the forum muzzle loaders are cool too.
Tin

Welcome,Jonathan.I like the portable bandsaw stand.Cunning ;D

Johnathan,

Welcome to our forum. wEc1

Back in the 60's I was in Bay City Michigan standing by a destroyer being built for our Navy. One of the guys, (I think his name was Gerry LaDuca and I believe he was quite famous in the US at that time for his caplock shooting), was heavily into blackpowder weapons. I could just hit the target with a caplock but the flintlock was a terrible beast and your safest place was about 15yds directly in front of me.

Best Regards
Bob

Latest posts

Back