Hello Everyone

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

austintom

Reaction score
Hi my name is Austin. I've been lurking on here for a couple of years now, ever since I saw my first model engine.

I'm just now getting to the point that I might be able to make one, and it's been quite a journey to get here. Almost immediately after seeing that first model run, I went out and bought the cheapest lathe I could find: a Craftsman 109 lathe. Almost immediately after purchasing that, I crashed it and bent the spindle. So I started reading and learning.

Fast forward a couple of years, moving across the state, starting a small business, building a house, etc. I'm finally ready to start making something. I recently bought a very nice condition SB9a, and a very poor condition SB metal shaper.

I'm working on stockpiling some material, and will hopefully be able to pick out a good first engine to make. For the time being I've been practicing on single pointing screws, and fixing up the shaper. I still need to find a good drill press, as all of mine are set up for specific wood operations.

I'm looking forward to starting out in this, I think it will give me a good diversion to all the woodwork in my life.

Austin

Welcome Austin, glad you finally took the plunge and joined up. Looking forward to more posts from you as you start a project.

Paul.

Reactions: gus
And a big welcome from another Aussie.

Latest posts

Back