Newbie in search of Plans for a Cam Grinder...

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Joe,
If there's a particular style of engine you're interested in I can check the index, otherwise the entire library of issues isn't an investment you will regret.
Art

Cforth,

- I saw your blog on CNC-Zone -and was really inspired by it!
- You do some really incredible machining work.
- I definitely like how you did your multi-part cam shaft, and used bearings in the journals. Awesome.
- If you have a website, or other work - please send me a link to your website.

Thanks,

Joe

Art,

- I'm not sure which way to go on the first build
- Definitely a V-8 would be a MARATHON and a Half project for me.
- I thought that I would start with a 1 or 2 cylinder IC engine... to learn the basics...
- Something made from barstock, that I could model and cnc machine (I'm a cnc addict).

- Right now - I'm trying to amass knowledge on making cams, cranks, pistons, piston rings, ignition systems, etc etc...

- Thanks for any help that you can give.

Joe

Joe,
I can help direct you towards a particular engine with more info from you. Can I assume you don't want to build a hit & miss engine but rather a high speed engine, since you're thinking a single or two cylinder? I looked at the Strictly IC website and they do have a page dedicated to engine build articles but there are no pictures, so I was pulling magazines to look at the engine in the build. Although you might find pictures online by googling it. It occurred to me that Jerry Howell designed some nice engines, one of which is a V-twin you can find that and others as well at www.model-engine-plans.com although it says in the text its not for beginners, but if you are a skilled machinist it's probably manageable. let me know, you can send me a personal message for more questions.
Art

Joe,
I tried to send you a PM through CNC zone but your box is full. I do have a site. its nothing special but I do have a web presence through it. that and a few meager you tube vids
www.forchtfirearms.net

Cforth,

- Ok - I deleted a few emails from the CNC-Zone PM account.
- I don't know why they don't open that email system up a bit.
- You do awesome work - very inspiring.

Joe

Art,

I'm interested in an IC Engine. But may build some sort of steam beam-type engine first.. not sure.

Thanks for any help you can give.

Joe

Latest posts

Back