Newbie in Louisiana

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ConductorX

Reaction score
My apologies, ladies and gentlemen.

I was supposed to introduce myself but neglected to do so.

I am living in Hammond, LA about 60 miles northwest of New Orleans. I do not currently own any machine tools. I am supposed to pick up a lathe tomorrow in a shrewd trade I made.

Years ago I made some simple aluminum parts on an Atlas lathe and that is the extent of my experience. I have been building, restoring and racing Volkswagens for the past 15 years. I had a shop with the typical drill press, two welding machines, a plasma cutter, torch and various grinders. I work in iron, steel, aluminum, wood and fiberglass.

Any machine work I needed done I would contact one of my many machinist friends to help out.

Now that I am happily remarried and on my way to having a shop again I really want to get into learning the machinist skills I see demonstrated here.

Thanks to Tin Falcon and the others who have answered my many questions.

"G"

I was supposed to introduce myself but neglected to do so.

I think we can forgive you!

In case you have not figured it out YOU ARE WELCOME HERE!!

In a perfect world all folks would post and intro on there first post.

some forums force this we do not . the main thing is knowing you want to be here for the right reasons.

Good luck on the lathe refurb looks like you have many ours of FUN ahead of you.
Tin

Hi Gary and welcome. Those blogs look good and the camper project is awesome.

Jim

Hi Gary and welcome. Those blogs look good and the camper project is awesome.

Jim

Thanks for the warm welcome.

The camper project is wishful thinking right now, but it is on my list of future projects. "G"

Latest posts

Back