Newbie from San Diego

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

softailgarage

Reaction score
I found this forum while searching for info on how to use a hollow punch and I've gotta say you fellas do some pretty amazing work, very impressive. I had no idea these things existed. My father was a machinist, as he would say "a real machinist, not some guy doing CNC" (no offense to CNC guys). I never was really interested in it until after his death years ago, mostly due to the fact I suck at math. Then I inherited his tools and being a "garage" guy myself, I began to educate myself on machinist tools. I have a large amount of things like taps & dies, drill bits, end mills, sine bars, reamers, counter sinks, parallels, micrometers, live centers, etc. 4 years ago I had no clue what half of these things were. I restore vintage machinery and tool chests as a hobby until recently when it became a business and try to use as many of his tools as possible without buying a mill & lathe. My brain is like a sponge wanting to soak up as much as I can learn and I'm hoping to learn a great deal more on this forum. I spend a large amount of time on Garage Journal, between the two I'll be lucky to get anything done. In advance, please excuse me for the stupid questions (I'll try to keep 'em at a minimum :wall:) and again, I want to compliment you guys on the stuff you do.

Latest posts

Back