Newbie from Canada

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Optimus

Reaction score
Hi everyone
My name is Lee & I'm excited to be on this forum. Im automotive tech for over 20 years & I always wanted a lathe & milling machine but could never afford them raising a family & all, but now I finally got the chance & purchased a used 7x12 lathe & a mini mill that are barely used, Chinese stuff but I'm still excited & sure there adequate for my abilities I'm trying hard to remember metal class lol:D. Anyway look forward to meeting all & hope I can be of some help one day.

If you make it into washington in the next couple months, I'm still new to this but I'd be willing to give you a crash course. I got started reading about it about a year ago and actually started getting machines about 3 months ago after being a diesel tech. The MIT videos were really good. They were dry but good info and lots of help. Mrpete222 on youtume is good. If you're into casting, myfordboy is good too.

I'm in Prince George B.C. Dan so not too far, thx Wagon173 I appreciate the offer & I've been busy scouring YouTube for the basics again, starting to come back, I actually made some chips as you say last night & all went well for now anyway lol.

Latest posts

Back