Newbie and The Rocking Engine

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nice stuff Robert

Ive never been able to see how they work but the close up now explains it all
off set the crank
I could never work out how the power stroke could work with the piston on a angle now its all clear
THANK YOU :bow: :bow:

Wayne

p.s. maybe a new thread/section on how things works like this sample here explains just about all you need just watching it move in slow mo
might help new members

Cheers

Very very nice Robert. (Yeah...I'm back.)

I really liked the slow-mo video.
That's the clearest tubing I've ever seen. It's invisible! :big:

By the time I can get to making a rocker it'll be a big 'ho-hum'.

Nice engine and videos!

Looks great.

Augh!!!
I found myself reading this thread again.
Get it off! Get it off!
Too late!
Bit again.

(Actually, as has been said...the only cure is to build it. Just hoping others take a look and...well...you know.)

zeeprogrammer said:
Augh!!!
I found myself reading this thread again.
Get it off! Get it off!
Too late!
Bit again.

(Actually, as has been said...the only cure is to build it. Just hoping others take a look and...well...you know.)

Tis a mystery fer sure

Robert

Rockin Robert, ::)

Very Nice. :bow:

Best Regards
Bob

Robert,

Very impressive, I am new to lathes also. In fact my order has been placed and I should be getting it in the next week or so. Your work is right up my alley. I am a scale modeler of Ships and formerly armor, small parts indeed. Soon to be home machinist ! Small is where I want to work, it's great to see how you turned these small parts as I will be doing the same thing. Can't wait to give a bar stock engine a shot ! ! See how I do, and then go SMALL ! !

Keep up the great work, Regards Tony

Back