New member here but have been lurking for years

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

somo

Reaction score
As the title says, I am a noob here on HMEM but feel like an old timer due to my long lurking status. I think a little background on me is in order.

I am a machinist/welder/fabricator by day. Most of my experience in the past is with CAD/CAM and rapid prototyping, one off, and small production runs. Most of those parts fit in the palm of my hand and was machined on my Haas mill and Jet lathe. Right now I work at a shop that does fairly large work that is all fun metals (4140, A2, D2, stainless, etc) and is done 100% with manual equipment like Monarch and Nardini lathes, Lucas horizontal boring mill, Miltron and Cincinnati vertical and horizontal mills, Bridgeport knees, and surface grinders that are so old the name plates wore off but still can grind to .0005" every day.

Anyways, I love this site and look forward each evening to coming home to read and drool over the cool stuff you guys post up!!!

Welcome to the dark side ;) & welcome to he forum. ;D

somo,

Welcome to our forum. wEc1

Best Regards
Bob

Welcome Somo.... Based on your "day Job", I'll bet you will have a good bit to teach us...

Harold

Welcome Somo, glad you decided to leave the shadows and join the fun.

Bill

Harold Lee said:
Welcome Somo.... Based on your "day Job", I'll bet you will have a good bit to teach us...

Harold

Thanks and I doubt I can teach anyone here a thing. I have machined some dummy engines for display but never a running engine. I would love to start one but I am a stickler for scale realism and detail. Just have not found one that really lit my fire.

blighty, that is beautiful looking and sounding :bow:

Welcome. we are a bunch of hobbyist here to have fun building engines. and a few of us happen to have professional training and experience. there are plenty of newies that need help so jump in bud.
Tin

Latest posts

Back