New member from Ohio

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

deadend

Reaction score
Hi I'm a lone machinist that works in a mold shop with 6 moldmakers in a glass factory. I have not did any model making but it is on my bucket list. I'm here to learn. I have a 13" S.B. lathe, LeBlond gap lathe and Tree vertical mill and BIG Cincinnati Vertical mill, Rockwell Delta vertical bandsaw.

Thanks for the intro. Nice machines are they at work or in your home shop. does not matter just curious. I think we are all here to learn. Anything we can do to help you get started in the hobby just ask.
Welcome to the forum.
Tin

That is at home I have a 30' X 40' pole barn with water floor heat from a outdoor wood burner. So I have plenty to keep me out of trouble or get me in trouble.

Nice!! looking forward to seeing some of your projects.
Tin

What part of Ohio are you from. Just wondering because there is a nice model engine show in Zanesville in the fall. Thought you might want to go to it. I come down from Michigan every year. Worth spending a saturday to see.

In another post he indicated that he was from Newark, Ohio, which is a mere 15 or 20 miles from Zanesville.

I am in Mansfield. Just finished Steve's Demon V8. Let me know if you are up for a road trip to see it. If you are looking for a first project any of the PM reasearch products are good.
Bob

I missed it last years about 30 minutes away.

What part of Ohio are you from. Just wondering because there is a nice model engine show in Zanesville in the fall. Thought you might want to go to it. I come down from Michigan every year. Worth spending a saturday to see.

Thanks road trips are good. I have a interest in steam, being reading about those mighty beasts.;D

I am in Mansfield. Just finished Steve's Demon V8. Let me know if you are up for a road trip to see it. If you are looking for a first project any of the PM reasearch products are good.
Bob

I just live a few hours south of you.. These guys here are great and a BIG help if you have any questions...Bill

Back