New Member from Greenville, SC

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cudakid03

Reaction score
Hello Everyone,
I have been a long time gear-head and have always had an appreciation for model engines. Due to a recent career change, I have been picking up some machining knowledge little by little so I decided to give it a go. I have decided to start out with an Elmer's 44. I only have a nearly completed block for now, but it's a start.

Thanks,
Kyle

DSC_8685sm.jpg

Welcome Kyle!

Nice looking engine block there!

Feel free to post pictures, we love pictures!

We're a friendly bunch, and we like to help if we can....so jump in!

Dave

Kyle
Where in Greenville?.... I'm over on the east side.

Steve

Kyle,

Welcome to our forum. wEc1

Best Regards
Bob

hello Kyle

Welcome to our forum.
wEc1
Best Regards
Paolo

Welcome Kyle,

Just up the road a piece here near Gastonia, NC. Glad you have joined us !!

Regards,
Bill

Welcome to the board, good start on that engine and posting a photo of it on the first post a good start indeed.
Tin

Hi cudakid03, and welcome to HMEM. I built my own version of Elmer's #44 last winter. Its a good running design that's not too difficult to build. From the looks of the cylinder head your well on your way to producing a first class engine. Please do post pictures of your progress. We love pictures! Good luck with your build Kyle!

Below is a link to my version that you might find helpful.

http://www.homemodelenginemachinist.com/index.php?topic=6552.0

-MB

Thanks everyone! Steve, I live near Gower Estates right off Laurens Rd. Metal Butcher, Your engine as well as Trout's are what convinced me to build the 44. Thanks for the write up there is a lot of good info in there.

While I'm here, how do you guys feel about roller bearings?

cudakid03 said:
Thanks everyone! Steve, I live near Gower Estates right off Laurens Rd. Metal Butcher, Your engine as well as Trout's are what convinced me to build the 44. Thanks for the write up there is a lot of good info in there.

While I'm here, how do you guys feel about roller bearings?

If you have the roller bearings why not use them use them. I use low cost long lasting easy to replace SAE-841 bearings.

http://www.use-enco.com/CGI/INPDFF?PMPAGE=1053&PMITEM=325-7477

-MB

Cuda...
We're getting a right nice collection of locals on the board. Perhaps we need to schedule a meet and try to get us all in one place to get to know one another. I've met several of the guys and all are top notch. We've got em in Easley, Clemson and Westminister as well as here in Greenville. PM me for copntact info if you like.

Steve

Have fun with this build, Kyle. There's nothing too hard about making any one piece on this project, there's just lots of them. Looks like you've got the cylinder mastered. Do I detect a small amount of bling there?

-Trout

Welcome aboard Kyle, that looks to be a great start to your project. You ever get over to Acme Speed, tell Hap I said 'hello'. Hope you enjoy your visits here and won't be a stranger. Show us what you're doing and don't be shy.

BC1
Jim

Troutsqueezer said:
Do I detect a small amount of bling there?

-Trout

Trout,
I haven't done any blinging. I used a face mill to bring the block to size, which left me with a pre-blung finish 8). I will probably leave it as is.

Hi Kyle,

I'm just east from you. I think the get together would be a great idea.

Roy

Latest posts

Back