New member from Delaware

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cheepo45

Reaction score
Hi Everyone,
This is my first post. I am an Aerospace Machinist. I enjoy home machining and model engine building and machining the old fashioned way. I run high-tech machines and machine many composite materials at work, so I enjoy cutting metal at home. I have built an Upshur farm engine model, and I am working on an Upshur vertical engine and a Jerry Howell farm engine. I haven't missed a Cabin Fever Expo show yet! I am looking forward to joining the model engine fraternity.
Cheepo45

DSC04199.JPG

Welcome to HMEM Cheepo. I see you have already figured out the obligatory picture requirement and how to post them. Now we just need pics of your engines :)

Jump right in and have fun

Hi welcome from Illinois I am an aerospace designer sorta. lol I draw WWI aircraft from factory drawings for museums, movies, and modellers.

Joe

where in delaware do you live??

Dave Reeves
West Chester,PA

My great uncle lives in Wilmington. but hes moving back here as soon as he can sell his house.

Joe

Co45,

Welcome to our forum. wEc1

Best Regards
Bob

Welcome to the board. I do not recall you telling me where you are from .
not far at all. I have been known to Visit the NC farmers market. And I do a lot of work across the bridge on the jersey side as well as customers in Delaware.
Tin

HI this forum is brill you will be enspie rd by the work that gets dun by the people in her regards from bob

Thanks, Everyone. I am in awe of the work shown in this board. I hope that someday I may have the free time to build an awesome engine. Maybe after I retire...
I was an auto mechanic for 22 years before I took up machine work. This is why I love I.C. engines, especially hit and miss engines. I try to get up to the Rough and Tumble museum in Kinsers, Pa. a couple of times a year. The Upshur engine I built helped me to get my present machinist job.
I am looking forward to many great ideas from this site.
cheepo45

Cheepo, Zeeprogramer and I get together for breakfast everyonce and a while here in West Chester. Im sure we could move that a little farthur south so you could join us. we bring a few things we are working on at the time.

Buy the way Zee its about time for you to want waffles and order french toast :big: :big:

Dave

Don't get me started Dave.
I did the same thing not a week later with some guys at work.
Wanted french toast...ordered 'waffles' with the biggest expectant grin on my face.
I was so bummed when the waffles came but again, everyone told me that's what I'd ordered.
This after a week telling them how great french toast is with molasses.
(The guys were visiting from Mexico. Molasses is a waste product for them. And get this...they don't know sorghum! Come to think of it...I don't see that around here.)
It's now a joke at the office.
"Hey Carl! Did you mean to say 'increment'? Or did you mean to say french toast?"
I work with jerks. :big: Maybe that's why I get along so well here.

Anyway...a trip to Delaware is not out of the question.
Let us know Cheep. And welcome to the forum.

Breakfast would be great. No need to move south-I love road trips. I am off work every other friday. The next one is this friday, 2/4. Let me know where and when.
Thanks for the invite.
cheepo45

Latest posts

Back