New member - Alasdair from Cambridge, UK

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AlasdairM

Reaction score
Hi to all from a new member - site looks very friendly and helpful. :bow:

I have only just got into model engineering (lathe and pillar drill acquired a couple of weeks ago).

I have built, flown, crashed and repaired radio-controlled helicopters and aeroplanes for more years that I care to admit - model engineering is completely new for me but I am loving it - and as long as I do learn from my mistakes (which are legion in number!) I hope to survive. ;D

All the best, A

I managed to completely destroy a radio controlled boat. Oh, the crying and the money were too much for me. I think I understand somewhat.

This was before I got better and now I only damage the models as opposed to destroying them. :D

Welcome aboard, and don't forget the photographic evidence.

Kermit

Hi Alasdair and welcome to a great forum. I am a newbie here myself and am just up the road near Norwich. I still fly r/c. Just getting back to some engineering and hope to produce a working glo engine for use in a model.

Peter.

Welcome from another old model distroyer(radio & controll line).now I distroy metal.

Ian (seagar).

Alasdair,

Welcome to our forum.
icon_welcome.gif

Best Regards
Bob

Hi Alasdair,welcome from another rc builder/crasher.A lot of rc people get the urge to build their own engine,but most don't seem to do anything about it.
I've now taken up boats,and steam powered in particular.
An ic engine is still on my to-do list.Regards.Hans.

Latest posts

Back