New Here

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SimonD

Reaction score
Hi all,
I've been lurking for a few years but posted about my congreve today and was asked to put a bit about myself up here....

I'm a Chartered Mechanical Engineer by trade, apprentice served but now doing design / management.
Interested in all things mechanical and most things electrical, I just don't understand the electrical side as well!

I have spent several years converting old Boxford CNC machines to run on Mach3 and currently have a 190VMC and an A3HSRi router. My manual machines consist of a Myford Super7B and a Thiel Die Filer.

Recent projects include a metal head for a radio control helicopter as I was fed up with breaking the plastic rubbish (I'm not very good at flying)
Low temperature Stirling engine to my own design.
Congreve to my own design based on a scaled down version of John Wildings Congreve.

Oh and I'm in Hampsure, UK

Welcome Simon D. I'm sure you'll find interesting stuff here.

Cheers,
Phil

Hi Simon,
Any advise to convert my 240TCL would be appreciated. I have not bought anything yet in conversion parts as I am hopeful to get reviews of existing equipment.

Regards.

Bernie

Latest posts

Back