New here from NJ

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tonphil1960

Reaction score
Hi all, very cool forum you guys have here. I am a scale modeler, Armor in 1/35th formerly, and Ships in 1/700 and 1/350 scales presently, static models of course. I have been looking into lathes for a while now to make my own parts and am going to be getting a Taig lathe in the next month or so. I worked as a mechanic, welder, fab. guy for 17 years and have been in heavy construction since 96. The only small precision work I have done is with my models, and that's even crude compared to machine work. After seeing these engines you guys build I know I will be trying my hand at one soon. Looking foward to doing more reading here and taking part in the forums.

Regards Tony

Welcome to the forum Tony.
Lots of fun here.
Are you thinking steam/air, IC or what?

Thanks guys, I am thinking anything I can build for a starter. Air maybe. Simple definately !

T

Welcome Tony,

I saw in another post that you are in Passiac County. Are you near GWood Lake? I grew up near the Warwick boarder. I still work Saturdays in McAffee at my buddy's auto repair shop.

Bob

Tony,

Welcome to our forum.
icon_welcome.gif

Best Regards
Bob

Thanks all, Bob I am about 35 min from Greenwood Lake. I am in North Haledon NJ between Wayne,Hawthorne,Wycoff, not far.

Welcome Tony ! Years ago I lived in Wayne for about 2 years in the Pacanack (sp?) Lake area. I loved the area but not the hour and a half bus commute into the city. ANyway, glad to have you here.

Bill

Hi Tony, welcome to HMEM.

Chuck

Welcome, I'm sure one of your ships can be outfitted with an engine of some sort.
-B-

Thanks all, By reading this and similiar forums and my lathe on the way. I might just turn into a engine modeler sooner than later ! ! Very impressive work, these engines make static modeling seem fairly mundane. I am already picking out a first engine to build !

Tony

Bill,

Packanack huh, yeah right up ol' Ratzer Rd. U are the wise one ! gettin' outa here ! ! !

Tony

Back