New guy from Wisconsin

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PlumberMike

Reaction score
Hi Guys! Glad to be here!

My name is Mike and I just dug out my Taig lathe I had in storage for about 10 years. I've never used it but I always wanted to. My Son Henry started asking questions about the lathe so we cleaned it up and are now in the process of putting a motor on it.

Before becoming a plumber and serving an apprentiship I worked in 3 different machine shops and really enjoyed it. I miss it, and I want to do it as a hobby.

My goal is to build a 2 cylinder 4 stroke model engine similar to a boxer engine where the pistons are 180 degrees apart. Not sure if that's doable but I always liked that style of engine. Regardless, the journey to get to that point is something my son and I are looking forward to. Henry is 9 and has a tremendous mechanical ability. My goal is to let him follow is heart and promote his ability to do things mechanical.....and safely.

Anyhow, we sure hope to learn from you guys. Some amazing work is being done by the people on this forum. It's humbling.

Mike

Hello and Welcome Plumber Mike and Henry
You have a great opportunity to have fun in a great hobby and do it while teaching your son. I am sure you will have years of making exciting projects. Don't forget to post pictures of your father/son project.
I am also from WI, LaCrosse area.
Greg

Back