New guy from CT

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CTdrftna

Reaction score
WOW this site is awesome!!

Hello my name is Josh
Im a 27 year old machinist (10 years in the trade, including trade school).
I run high precision micro hydraulic components on Swiss type cam and cnc screw machines.

Im an avid racing enthusiast and worked part time building race engines for a local shop (until i bought a house and got married). I always wanted to build little motors for fun. So i used some spare time at work to start building compressed air motors. I got most of my motivation from Cfellows on youtube.

I stumbled across this site looking for carb designs for model engines and im very impressed that there is a site for model motor gear head machinist's like myself.

here is my 1st engine. It is a single cylinder over head rotary valve air motor

1.00" stroke X .900" bore
crankshaft is one piece of 304 stainless
I clamped it in the pickup collet of one of my machines so i could clock the RPMS on the spindle. It made just shy of 7000.

here is a little video

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=4382564039968&l=3295391518770785076

Im not really into making any replica stuff, i just like making screamer motors. The one im working on now is a horizontal twin, overhead rotary valve with a single piece titanium crank .625" stroke X 1.00" bore, hoping for over 12,000rpm with the higher flowing heads over my 1st design.

Reactions: gus
Welcome Josh,
Torrington, CT is my hometown. Lots of machining history in the Nutmeg State. Hendley lathes (long gone) were highly praised and came out of Torrington.

Your efforts so far look good.

Have fun here

Cheers,
Phil

And welcome from down under Josh.

Welcome Josh, I have a feeling that you are about to add a new dimension to the forum.

Jim

Latest posts

Back