NEMES Show

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tin Falcon

Reaction score
NEMES SHOW Feb 15 1 day only
Charles river Museum of Industry
Waltham MA
Flyer

So for infor use the http://www.neme-s.org/ web page

Caution CRMI web page has been hacked. AVG blocked a virus. I called the museum left a message.Also sent e-mail to NEMES web master.
Tin

Tin,
Thanks for the reminder. I'd like to go to that show. I missed the last 2 years. As usual, weather permitting, but the way this winter is going doesn't look promising

Cheers,
Phil

Never been to that show - how big an event is it usually? Found some of the photos of last years show on thier website, hard to tell. Seems like it would be worth the drive over there.

It is a club show, there are no vendors, just members showing their projects. Usually about 50 members, stuff ranges from tiny to recumbent bikes. Ill be there, probably with a couple small engines, and maybe an arduino project.

The museum is worth a visit- some big engines, a huge bit of watch and clock stuff, with lots of watch manufacturing machinery.

usually one of the members has buckets of 12L14 steel bar ends for sale, real cheap, but its all sold in the parking lot before the show even opens. The museum management has asked us not to allow sales during the show- they worry about their non-profit status.

We do usually have a bunch of raffle prizes for the exhibitors. Everyone is welcome to bring exhibits and join the show- no formality, just find a table space and set up. We do usually have compressed air.

Several of the wives make good food and have a sale table going al day- doughnuts and goodies in the morning, hot dogs and sandwiches at noon, but get in line quick for the noon feed, it goes fast.

Note all of my use of 'usually' there has been change in club and museum management this year, and Im not directly in the loop any longer, but tradition dies hard so I expect most of this will happen.

Thanks Ron, sounds like a good one. If the weather is not too nasty I'll drive up for it.

I plan on being there again this year. I just can't remember if I need to notify someone that I am exhibiting or just show up and hope for a spot.

Either way, I'll be there early.

Just show up and find a spot, there really is no one 'in charge' to ask. Its just a big friendly group.

Thanks Ron...I really like attending this show.

Hopefully the weather is decent.

Sadly this is a six and a half hour drive from Rochester. That basically means a day tied up in each direction. The show does sound very interesting though.

Sent from my iPad using Model Engines

Here are a few pictures of the show...I only brought my Henry Ford plumbing engine this time. It's always nice being around people who speak "engine".

Chris,
Thanks for posting the pictures. Maybe I'll get there in 2015

Cheers,
Phil

The show was mostly full as as far as exhibitors . I am guessing about 25 -30 tables and only 3 or 4 empty tables. Considering the factors IMHO the attendance was good although down from last year last year. last year pretty much elbow to elbow most of the day. This year steady flow but now where near full capacity.
The factors
1) the weather .Snow started falling mid afternoon.
2) new management of the museum.
3) Museum web site hacked within the last month. has been resored and clean but likely effected web site traffic.

Tin

Thanks for posting the pictures Chris.

Dave

IMHO the show was success. I was not surprised attendance was down due to stated reasons.

yes chris thanks for posting.Tin

I sure regret not making it- I had planned to go, had a hotel reservation for Friday night and had a couple jobs to do on Friday and some places I wanted to see. But it took me until 11:15 Friday to get dug out, and then I was beat. I had a real hard time on Saturday, kept coming back to thinking about the show. I did feel better when it started to snow :D

Thanks for the photos. That Tin guy seems to have aged a bit- must be because he is now a grandfather:)

Oh wait, I see he had his hat off for the photo- I thought he had hair!

I'm glad everyone enjoyed the pictures...I am very much looking forward to the next show!

Latest posts

Back