NEMES SHOW

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tin Falcon

Reaction score
Hey Guys Me and the Mrs just got home from a whirlwind week end trip. Left here Shortly after 1 AM Saturday morning got about 45minutes from Home and realized we had forgotten a critical piece of luggage . Back on the road at 2:45 off to Waltham Mass to the 13th Annual Model engine show at the Charles River Museum of Industry this is the home of the New England Model Engineering Society. Great Show good turnout a few folks Dresses in Steam Punk Garb.
Stayed with friends Saturday night North of Boston and had breakfast with the wife's sister and husband at the IHOP in Brighton this morning full weekend.
Tin

Well you could have talked, Tin is the guy in the funny hat with all the buttons- he was on the same side of the room you were, but back in the corner. A nice display with a dozen or more models.

It was good to see Daves engine, and get a demo by the kids of their boats.

Errol was taking photos all day, Im sure they will be up on the club web site in a day or two. See http://neme-s.org/

Next show NAMES, April 18-19

Huh! He's got them up already!.

I think I see Tin.....

Dave

PS

Ron....do you know how many guys had hats on with buttons!?... ;D

Good seeing ya. The book is a good read!

Ron

Was he to the left of Henry with what looked like an elevated table?

Tin if your wondering, Henry is the about 12 feet tall and was playing the concertina. ;D

Real hard to notice..... ;D

Dave

For all you that missed it here are the 2 heavyweights of the show, steamer and modlmkr

DSC_4656.jpg

And just so you will know Tin when next you see him

DSC_4663.jpg

Yup!

We are blending right in huh Ron....

;D

Tin

Glad you could make it up!....I do believe we spoke but I don't think it stuck....

Dave

Dave :
Sorry I did not get over to introduce myself. I am still trying to put names and faces together for the NEMES Crew. I know Errol , Norm and Ron from cabin Fever and Some from R&T.

I wanted to talk with the club guys more but seemed we were all busy talking to the public.
Yes was next to Henry and his brass signal device.
The elevated display are boxes I built from mostly salvaged pine . I needed a way of displaying the see though engines so folks do not stand on there heads looking at them.
Tin

Mrs. Falcon here..........

Hey there, folks! NEMES show was GREAT! Smaller than Cabin Fever, but very busy all day and lots of fun. Was great meeting some of the NEMES guys, too; gentlemen, every one! A college friend of mine who lives in Waltham stopped by, and was ooooing and ahhhing over everything she saw - of the engines, and of the museum itself. Tin and 'the boy' set up this whirlwind trip, THEN told me about it. Crazy (will likely feel the effects of it for a couple more days yet), but well worth it. Hope to go again, whenever we can!!

Our (older) digital camera isn't focusing any more, so we weren't able to get pictures ourselves. Gotta invest in a better one, soon, so life doesn't totally escape us, I guess...............

God Bless..............

Both of the kids showing their boats... ;D

Dave
P2210077.jpg

Latest posts

Back