Need ideas!

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stevehuckss396

Model Engineer
Project of the Month Winner
HMEM Supporting Member
Reaction score
My buddy Joe wants to run his sherline CNC lathe at the names show again this year. He has 1" wood stock on hand. I wrote some code for a cannon barrel and a chess piece for him. I would like to make code for a few more things but can't seem to think of something cool. Can you guys think of anything that isn't too long that would be a neat little thing to make and display at the show.

Thanks

old fashioned tops that you can spin with your fingers. on family tour days at the bethlehem steel machine shop where I worked they had a brass bar in a bar feed cnc machine and would crank them out for the kids

It has been done before:
thumb2_candlestick.JPG

Tin

Steve-

Try turning some "Fire-Pistons" for very easy projects...and, they are useful. Check out all the videos on You-Tube showing how these clever things work. They can be turned using mostly scrap materials, and odd sized bar-stock.

Frank

Steve-

Try turning some "Fire-Pistons" for very easy projects...and, they are useful. Check out all the videos on You-Tube showing how these clever things work. They can be turned using mostly scrap materials, and odd sized bar-stock.

Frank

Very cool. I have never heard of a fire piston.

Thank you

Fire Pistons are good for Boy Scout projects, selling at Gun/Knife Shows, and to hang around your neck when hunting, fishing, etc. Add some O-rings and make them waterproof.

Frank

If you make wooden bats make a Detriotville slugger emblem and burn it into the bat at the show

Whistles? make the body and the plug one program. Knotch on the bench and press in.

Latest posts

Back