NAMES show Seagate convention centre hotel

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gbritnell

Project of the Month Winner!!!
Project of the Month Winner
Reaction score
While attending the NAMES show my wife found out that there is a hotel at the Convention Centre. We have been staying at the Comfort Inn down by the turnpike but would like to stay at the Seagate Hotel. My question is, has anyone stayed there and what did you think of the hotel. The reason I ask is because when I looked it up on line it didn't get very favorable reviews. I would rather have the opinion of someone on this board than from someone I don't know.
Thanks,
gbritnell

There are actually two hotels attached to the convention center. The one to the south is the better hotel- it changed ownership and name last year, I think it was a Radisson, its now the Park Inn.

The other is a bit cheaper, and a bit seedy. To be fair it was under renovation last year, so maybe by now its better. I stayed in it one year, and it was fine. Its about $20 cheaper

I really like staying right there- I park the van on Friday afternoon and dont touch it until Sunday. After driving just about 1000 miles to get there I like that. The Park Inn has a nice restaurant, and there are several nice places to eat just a short walk away.

Reminds me its time to make a reservation.

The Seagate Hotel (the poor one) has claimed to be under renovation for 5 years but is the same seedy place each year. I suggest you look elsewhere. Last year I stayed at a La Quinta Inn in Perrysville which is 15 minutes by freeway. Nice place and reasonably priced.

The Seagate is owned by the city of Toledo, the other is as been stated a Park Inn(Radisson). And also as been stated under renovations for years (Seagate). I guess one room at a time ::). It is cheaper,noisier and requests about problems move slower towards the correction.

I believe it is managed by or was a management firm. Most of the hotels recommended by NAMES are along the I 75 strip in Perrysburg Ohio Which are 10 minutes from downtown on I-75. You can get a discount at the Park Inn by asking them for the NAMES rate.

Last year some of the rooms in the Seagate didn't have running hot water the week of the show.

I was going to stay with some of the others that were setting up the expo but after listening to the stories I decide to drive back and forth each day. 110miles each way. Even at last years gas prices it was still cheaper than putting up with no hot water for a week :eek:

As to the reviews they more than likely correct in their assessment.

But that's just me, I will be posting the info on the show, safety rules and fuel storage cans and the motel hotel list this coming week.

:big:

Latest posts

Back