N.A.M.E.S. expo 2014

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
http://s770.photobucket.com/user/stevehuckss396/library/NAMES2014

The above link is a photobucket album with pix from setup day at the NAMES show. Almost everything is self explanitory except this one. Guess what it is.

DSCN1521.jpg~original

Tire pressure gage for Jerry Kieffer's 1/8 HD motorcycle. He puffed it with a small piece of tube and the stem popped out like a real one with graduation marks that are not visible with the naked eye. That man is not human.

You and Peggy have done a nice job on the pic's and I give up on the what's it but will wait for the answer!;)

You and Peggy have done a nice job on the pic's and I give up on the what's it but will wait for the answer!;)

Tire pressure gage for Jerry Kieffer's 1/8 HD motorcycle. He puffed it with a small piece of tube and the stem popped out like a real one with graduation marks that are not visible with the naked eye. That man is not human.

And on the other end of the scale is the massive Rose turning engine by David Lindow. I visited his shop once and watched it at work- you just have to see it in operation and some of the amazing work it can do. Time to head out for the show.

Take lots or picture for those of us that can be there please.....:)

Well we made it home and another NAMES show is in the books. I put the last of the pictures I had into the album. There are 220 pix total. I don't know about anybody else but I had a great time and talked with hundreds of great people from this site and elsewhere around the country. Engines ran great all weekend until the last few hours when my tiny spark plugs just couldn't take any more. Casting demonstration went as well as it could go. Great weekend over all.

http://s770.photobucket.com/user/stevehuckss396/library/NAMES2014

Well another show wrapped up for a year it appears that most vendors, and customers went home happy. Along with exhibitors and the public. Had a pretty good turn out. Best part we broke it down and loaded it in the trailers in 3 1/2 hours. Sure beats the 4 days it takes to lay out and set up. And beats last year by 45 minutes!;)

Great show and I really had a good time.

Steve, thanks to your and Peggy for posting all the pictures.

Also, thanks to all the NAMES people for the great effort they put into NAMES each year.

Regards,

Chuck

I would like to add my thanks to all the hard work put forth to make this another great show. Saturday was non-stop for me. Sunday was slower but always is. I was asked to do a seminar this year and at first was a little apprehensive but enjoyed it very much. I hope to see everyone next year.
gbritnell

Just got home after 700 miles non-stop drive. I stayed over two days and went to see the Henry Ford museum. Those interested in true size steam engines should plan a visit when attending NAMES. I'll have pics up in a bit.

Latest posts

Back