mystery engine

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Those certainly have the appearance of a Stuart 10H engine. The bedplate is different however in that the front portion raduis' out instead of having a slanted side and mounting lug. Perhaps it is a very early version of the 10H. The cylinder and trunk casting sure look like Stuart. Any idea of what the bore of the cylinder is? It would almost be worth the money as the missing parts should not be too difficult to figure out sizes for.

BC1
Jim

Hi,Jim,no size is mentioned in the auction.I'm not confident about being able to do the rest of the engine without drawings.Perhaps I should leave to someone more competent :-\

Looks like a Stuart 10h to me as well just pulled out the casting set to compare.
The dimensions given bed plate dimensions and flywheel diameter are a bit bigger than my Stuart casting so may very well be a older casting set.
But for $25 you have the main castings you should be able to finish itout with bar stock
Tin

Looks very Stuartesque to me as well, If you decide against it, Hans, let me know!

If it was here in the states I would jump on it as long as the shipping price was not jacked up a ridiculous amount.
Looks like a nice deal for someone, grab it man or let tell have a go at it.
Ton

Hey,Tel,I take it you're the "laneranger"?Good luck,mate,I'm not bidding as I'm too thick too make the rest of it :big:

Yeah, that's me Hans, thanks mate - I might go in a little heavier now with a clear conscience!

Latest posts

Back