Myford ML4 Spindle bearings

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Actually my Myford Super7B has a Turcite sheet under the very worn saddle.... There is a liquid called Moglice which will replace all this business of trying to machine accurate bearings using a none to accurate lathe. Norman

The OP is asking about a spindle bearing/bushing for a rather critical shaft. Are you sure Turcite & Moglice are intended for this purpose? Lining the ID of a small area, heavily loaded shaft rotating at rpm for hundreds of hours seems quite different to me than beds and slide ways are very low equivalent wear by comparison, no?

That should do you nicely then. Have fun with your old lathe. They can become quite addictive. Some perverse pleasure in doing precision work on something so old and unlikely!

That should do you nicely then. Have fun with your old lathe. They can become quite addictive. Some perverse pleasure in doing precision work on something so old and unlikely!

Your so right. It is very addictive and you can pick these things up relatively cheap. I think I'll need a bigger workshop sometime in the future; my lathe count is already up to 3.

Latest posts

Back