My Steam Plant

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jcreasey

Reaction score
After 4 years I of tinkering I finally got my steam plant to the point where it can do something. I hesitate to say it's finished because I am still thinking of things to add.
I made most of it myself with the exception of the safety valves, pressure gauge, and a couple of the other fittings. The smaller safety valve and the main stop cock were purchased from Burnaby Bolton in 1968 by the previous owner of my lathe.

Attachments

• IMG_6869.jpeg
    IMG_6869.jpeg
    2.7 MB · Views: 5
  • IMG_6868.jpeg
    IMG_6868.jpeg
    2.5 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_6867.jpeg
    IMG_6867.jpeg
    3.6 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_6866.jpeg
    IMG_6866.jpeg
    3.7 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_6865.jpeg
    IMG_6865.jpeg
    3.6 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_6864.jpeg
    IMG_6864.jpeg
    3.8 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_6863.jpeg
    IMG_6863.jpeg
    4 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_6862.jpeg
    IMG_6862.jpeg
    5.5 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_6861.jpeg
    IMG_6861.jpeg
    2.5 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_6851.mov
    37.8 MB
Just for completion the obligatory questions, so that you do not get the feeling the forum is a safe place: "What is it good for?" "What does it do?" :cool:
I like that some parts are polished, others not. "Overpolished" looks sometimes too much like a toy. (matter of taste)

Are both steam engines Stuart?

I was wondering what the handle from the coffee machine is doing there,.... ahh it has a feedpump...!

Did you already tell your wife what is up next, or is she still thinking you are done with it?

Greetings Timo

Just for completion the obligatory questions, so that you do not get the feeling the forum is a safe place: "What is it good for?" "What does it do?" :cool:
I like that some parts are polished, others not. "Overpolished" looks sometimes too much like a toy. (matter of taste)

Are both steam engines Stuart?

I was wondering what the handle from the coffee machine is doing there,.... ahh it has a feedpump...!

Did you already tell your wife what is up next, or is she still thinking you are done with it?

Greetings Timo
One engine is a Stuart 10V and the other is a Bolton Mill Engine.
The feedpump is a really old Stuart one. They haven't made it for a long time. I snagged the castings on Ebay.
Haha my wife knows better than that. Next big project is a Stuart No9. which will probably need a bigger boiler. So I'm busy for the next 5 years or so.

Latest posts

Back