My shop in the basement

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

enginemaker1

Reaction score
It may not have some of the newest machines, but they do work well. I use for work and hobby.
The Bridgeport is 1963 and the Hendey lathe has no serial number to date it. An older cone head tie bar 14" x 5'

100_9509.jpg

100_9508.jpg

100_9506.jpg

100_9505.jpg

100_9501.jpg

Tom

Great looking shop. I love that blue paint make me want to repaint mine. :big:

Wow, I like that color on the lathe. On the Bridgeport, I guess I've seen them in plain grey for too long. ;D Thanks for sharing.

Tom,

Nice shop and nice machines. :bow:

Best Regards
Bob

Nice shop Tom! Thm:

Your Bridgeport and lathe are both "experienced" machines.
The don't make them like that anymore.
You have a couple real treasures there!

Rick

Tom,
I really like the look of the old Hendey lathes

IMG_0115.jpg

I have the repair parts manual with mine which lists it as 1904 design. No idea what the actual vintage is. It is currently at my father's farm which is a long drive for me.
Dave

Tom,

I just noticed - Is that a varispeed drive on the end of your motor or a plain worm gearbox. ???

Best Regards
Bob

Nice. I wish my Bridgeport and South Bend was in the basement. My machinery is out in an unheated garage. I usually give up the shop when it gets cold and turn to vintage electronics in the winter. Been thinking about moving to the basement for the last 10 years but the pool table to store stuff things on, and all the things on, under and around it would have to go.

wow really nice shop i very much like the Hendey Thm:thanks for showing

Hi Tom
Great shop you got there, love they machines. Thanks for showing.

Ken

Great shop Tom. Looks like the Bridgeport just clears the rafters.

I grew up in Torrington during the 50's and 60's and worked briefly at the Torrington Bearing Company in the metallurgical dept. I remember vague references to the Hendey Lathe Co, but I have no idea where the factory was located. It was not in business in the 1960's.

Cheers,
Phil

Back