My First Build - The EZ engine

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well done Nick Thm:, and thank you for showing your build!

Its a great feeling seeing the first engine run, isn't it ? ;D

Kind regards, Arnold

Thanks for the complements chaps, it's been great having you along for the build.

Here is quick video clip for you of the engine doing a test run with the threaded spacers fitted to the crank pins. The idea works fine, but they are a little fiddly to tighten up. Long nosed pliers did the trick. The engine is running on 5lbs in this video. The air supply is connected via a small piece of ali tube just resting loosely in the hole with a ring of silicon fuel tube to stop it falling in and fouling the valve. I have the camera in one hand and the air duster in the other so couldn't star in the film too, we'll have to save that for another day when I can set things a little better.

[youtube=425,350]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/IB5IE9Wc380&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/IB5IE9Wc380&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/youtube]

This is my first video on the web hope you enjoyed it. Just got to file the rods and she is done from a metal cutting perspective. Metal finishing is a whole new world to me I know absolutely nothing about it.

Bearcar1; My next engine will be the ez2. I've already ordered the metal. Glad you enjoyed seeing how I set things up and how I tackled things. I wasn't sure how many photos folks would want or how much detail on how I did it rather than seeing the finished parts, so good to hear you enjoyed what it did, I didn't want folks thinking I'm teaching them to suck eggs.

Arnold; Yep it was great seeing it run for the first time. I was amazed it just ran straight off with no tweeking. It reminds me of when I was a kid (many years ago) playing with my Mamod steam engine.

Anyway I must away, I've now got plenty of swarf to clean up and a workshop to tidy before I can start the next one.

Nick

Ah, that's just capital, Nick! Runs mighty fine.
You picked a good one to start with and did things up well.
Great to see it on the go. Very good!

Dean

Very Nice build and cracking runner Nick

:bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow:

Cheers

Stew

Good job with the video. Looks like it runs really smooth at low pressure. Kind of strange how satisfying it is to watch a little engine run, isn't it?

Nick,

Congratulations. :bow:

Best Regards
Bob

Back