My CO2 V8

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rickus

Reaction score
Finally started on my little CO2 V8 by machining the block first. Had it looking just like an engine block and was really excited with the results. Turned it over and began milling the underside for the bearings when for some reason unbeknown to me, instead of turning the Y-axis wheel, I released the vise clamp which resulted in the engine block being tossed right out and breaking my end mill. Both are ruined due to a simple laps of concentration! A bit too heart broken to start on anothr block just yet.

Been there more times than I care to remember.

Rick

Rickus I have done similar and I found that it's usually when I am tired or it's one of the those days where I just can't concentrate enough. I have learned over the years that those times are best spent on less intense tasks.

Relax and have fun.

Rickus,

Know that feeling well. Over time, I've come to recognize the mind-set I need to work on complex and/or tedius items. I have to force myself to stop and think before each move. Take a rest, then jump back on that horse. You'll get 'er done before you know it!

Chuck

I remember having many, many hours in my V8 block and then broke the 0-80 tap off in the block. I just took a deep breath and moving forward.

If it makes you feel better, nobody got hurt and the second piece always goes faster.

DSCN1661.JPG

Being disabled it took me 18 months of experiences like you have just had to sort out what work to do and when, though that leads to a certain amount of frustration. Like Steve says though, the second attempt does go a lot quicker and it all builds experience!

Good luck with the build.

Latest posts

Back