My 2nd running engine.

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Its much better looking then my first. It will almost run on breath.

no plans, I just started cutting and drilling till it was done.

It runs fine.

steam22.jpg

steam21.jpg

<embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/iqr75TpbRIo&rel=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed>

<embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/gWz2z4LePSs&rel=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed>

Great job! I especially like the finish you put on it. The engine turned finish is something that you don't very often these days. How did you do it?

I jeweled it with a stick I turned and staple gunned a peice of emeory cloth to the stick then just did it freehand in the drillpress.

I like a hand crafted look.

Looks good. Bet that was fun running it in the shop.

Kenny

1Kenny said:
Looks good. Bet that was fun running it in the shop.

Kenny

Yea, thats my brothers shop I dont have an air compresser. I have free run of that shop anytime I need it. It has most everything but a tig and cnc machines.

Mike,
Nice engine you have got there. Thats a big size for a wobbler, bet you wouldn't be able to puff that for long.
Isn't it a great feeling designing and making something, then it comes to life when you put a breath of wind into it.
Well done.

John

Looks great Mike.
That is one of the biggest home brew
wobblers I've ever seen running.
Nice work!

Rick

Damned fine work, Mike. That is one gigargantuous oscillator.

Steve

Well I guess it is a bit large.

I want my next one to be in the scale closer to "The Tiny" I want one that runs on breath. Im guessing good size ports and bore and a shorter stroke.

I have to design around the size of my tooling. My smallest drill is 1/16", I have no small taps and dies. (I can borrow some from my brother)

My next one will be very small.

tattoomike68 said:
Well I guess it is a bit large.

I want my next one to be in the scale closer to "The Tiny" I want one that runs on breath. Im guessing good size ports and bore and a shorter stroke.

I have to design around the size of my tooling. My smallest drill is 1/16", I have no small taps and dies. (I can borrow some from my brother)

My next one will be very small.
FWIW, Tiny might be a little small for a breath-operated engine. Mine takes quite a bit of air to buzz along. Dave Goodfellow has some lung engines that are kinda midway in size.

I agree with shred. My tiny takes more air then the mine eng.

TinyonSq3.jpg

Latest posts

Back