• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to HomeModelEngineMachinist and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Minicastings

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ShedBoy

Reaction score
Has anyone ever dealt with this company? I have bought some 3b castings from them and not heard anything since being thanked for payment. I have buyer protection so am not too worried but I have asked for a shipping date and not been replied to.

Brock

Hello Brock,

No worries. He is a stand-up guy who is just very busy working a full time job as well as building this company. He was also just at N.A.M.E.S. last weekend, which is no small undertaking. I have purchased casting kits from him several times and have been happy with each transaction. He is also a member here.

Regards,
Mike

Thanks for the info Mike, clears things up for me. I am looking forward to getting my first set of castings, dredding it also. I will do what we are told to do in mining "Hurry up and wait".

Cheers
Brock

I have bought from him and no problems, a little slow maybe but good to deal with. And if there is a problem he will do his best to correct it. Plan to buy from him again in the future.

Doug is a great guy and you'll get your order for sure.

Hi, this is new to me but interesting. I would like to know what is technically involved in assembly
Of the large 1/4 hp 6CI kit. I am mechically inclined but don,t have machine shop tools. What work
Is necessary at a machine shop? Also, there must be a steam producing boiler. What does this look like
And how big is it? My intention is to use wood as fuel. Is that possible? I would like to see the whole
Set up. Can I make the boiler or is one available?
Glenn

The 6CI is a set of rough castings so you would need a lathe and preferably a small mill to machine the parts and then assemble. The kit is actually made by P.M. Research and they also do suitable boilers but again they need some machining, riviting and soldering.

The #3 and #7 engines are available as a machined kit that just need painting and screwing together with basic hand tools, they have the letter "M" at the end of the code number

J

Hi, this is new to me but interesting. I would like to know what is technically involved in assembly
Of the large 1/4 hp 6CI kit. I am mechically inclined but don,t have machine shop tools. What work
Is necessary at a machine shop? Also, there must be a steam producing boiler. What does this look like
And how big is it? My intention is to use wood as fuel. Is that possible? I would like to see the whole
Set up. Can I make the boiler or is one available?
Glenn

Hi Glenn

I came across your post and wondered how far you got with the #6, I am currently busy with mine.

http://www.homemodelenginemachinist.com/showthread.php?t=24595

You can mail me if you want

Regards

Albert

Back