Mini Lathe switch problem

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

orbsah

Reaction score
Hi all - New subscriber here . . . .

I have a Cummins 7x12 mini lathe that's developed a glitch and I could use some assistance. With the 3-position (F/O/R) switch in the FORWARD position and the potentiometer knob to the OFF position (all the way CCW), the spindle continues to rotate slowly. In other words, I can't turn it off with the potentiometer only (I used to be able to). I need to rotate the pot 'till it clicks off THEN also turn the F/O/R switch to off every time I want to stop the spindle. It's very annoying!

I thought the problem was with the pot so I got a replacement and no improvement. Before I buy and replace the F/O/R switch, I was wondering if anyone else has had this problem and found it was something else other than that switch.

Appreciate the help!

You may find that there is an adjustable trimmer on the circuit board that can control the speed cut off point. It should be adjusted so that the spindle is stationary when the pot is at its minimum speed setting.

Yup, that's it. A small screw on the pot marked "speed" on the controller board. All set now. Thanks!

Cool I can get mine to quite creeping to ,,,Thanks for asking the question and thanks for the answer,,,,

Glad it worked out. :):):)

Component values are subject to shifts in value for all sorts of reasons, that is why the trim pot is there.

Latest posts

Back