Mini and Micro HOSC plans

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stevehuckss396

Model Engineer
Project of the Month Winner
HMEM Supporting Member
Reaction score
I am posting these drawings with Mr. Graham's permission. They are drawings that i generated and used to build the 1/2 and 1/4 scale versions of his HOSC horizontal wobbler. I may have errors like the piston being the same size as the bore so these may not be good enough for the beginner. Please dont show up on my door step with pitch forks and torches. If you find an error, I will gladly correct the drawings and resubmit them to the forum members.

View attachment MicroHosc.zip

View attachment MiniHOSC.zip

Steve,
I copied the plans into the Downloads and uploads section of the site so they would be easier to find when this thread gets buried with time. Thanks for posting them.
Gail in NM,USA

Thanks! Very nice drawings.

Steve, thanks for sharing the drawings. That is very generous.

As far as learning the ay of theland, no worries there. It take a little while to settle in. Make your elf at home!!

Kindest regards,
W/E

raggle said:
And consider his elfin safety

Oh my! I love it when spell check leave holes!! Not to mention the fact I can't seem to proof my stuff before clicking that little bitty button. ::)

Steve,
The drawings look fine. May have a go at the mini as soon as I get a couple of other projects finished up first. Quick question...is there any spring tension on the cylinder or not? It doesn't appear that there is which works, just leaks a bit more. Actually I made my Elmer's "Tiny" that way so it would run on lower pressure. Thanks for posting the plans.

Bill

wlindiii said:
Steve,
The drawings look fine. May have a go at the mini as soon as I get a couple of other projects finished up first. Quick question...is there any spring tension on the cylinder or not? It doesn't appear that there is which works, just leaks a bit more. Actually I made my Elmer's "Tiny" that way so it would run on lower pressure. Thanks for posting the plans.

Bill

No spring. There is a 0-80 screw that holds the cylinder on. I found a screw that is a bit to long and then ground it down a bit at a time until it is snug and the cylinder is close to the surface but still free to wobble. Kinda have to feel whats good.

The flywheel is glued to the crankshaft with red locktite. That gets a bit tough getting the wheel glued without getting the crank glued to the bearing or standard.

Latest posts

Back