Marble Engine

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Powder keg

Reaction score
Here is a engine I built a while back. It runs pretty good. I think It would be great with a flywheel.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VffvNIo-QP4[/ame]

I didn't have any plans. I just went off some pictures I found in the internet.

Wes you're killing me man. Thats a pretty cool engine. My wife says she like the sound of the marbles rocking back and forth.

Eric

If you make one, make sure you put a piece of a pot scrubber in the bottom so the marbles don't break the test tube. It always gets a lot of looks:O) I also use plastic screws to lock the tube into place. metal ones will break the tube. Here is a picture.

Marbleenginecushion.jpg

Wes

I am definitely gonna make one. A whole lot of time just freed up for me after the 31st.

Eric

It measures .700" on the inside and .775 on the outside. It is 5 7/8" long. I think it's a 36 mm test tube?

Hope this helps, Wes

Forgot how to convert over to metric :-[ I'm pretty sure they measure the outside. That would make them 20 X 150 mm tubes.

Sorry about that, Wes

Powder keg said:
Forgot how to convert over to metric :-[ I'm pretty sure they measure the outside. That would make them 20 X 150 mm tubes.

Sorry about that, Wes

Yeah I was gonna mention that, but decided not to point it out. ;D

Eric

That is a great engine!! I would like to see it run.

Wes

Latest posts

Back