Making a spark plug...

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi all,

I've also found a local lumber yard that has a carpenter shop for doing custom work and among their cutoffs was some Corian that I got free since I'm a regular at the yard and bring them business from work as well as my own.

Unfortunately my first attempt at a plug failed. I managed to snap the Corian off in the plug base shortly before finishing it. Then in my attempt to get the piece out of the base I broke the tang off the other end which means new base. So at that point I quit and haven't gotten back to it yet.

I like the replaceable insulator idea though I don't know if I'll bother with the extra work/steps. I figure the engine (Lil' Brother) won't run long enough/often enough to worry about it.

Paul

We've got a winner! The Corian insulator with a slightly increased gap (0.030) and a shorter insulator to allow for more electrode protrusion... Engine runs as good, if not better, with this plug than it does with the Rimfire VR2L.

John

DSC00286.jpg

DSC00287.jpg

Latest posts

Back